- This weekend’s Barron’s cowl story examines the threats and alternatives as currencies go digital.
- Different featured articles focus on the race for a COVID-19 tablet, why massive U.S. firms can be ramping up dividends and buybacks, and the obstacles and challenges for the photo voltaic sector.
- Additionally, see the prospects for mining shares, the iPhone maker, a footwear big, casinos and extra.
“A War Is Coming Over Cryptos and Money. Why You Should Care” by Daren Fonda makes a case that cryptocurrencies resembling Bitcoin (CRYPTO: BTC) and Ethereum (CRYPTO: ETH) are difficult the greenback’s lengthy dominance in world finance. On this cowl story, Barron’s examines the threats and alternatives as currencies go digital.
In “Mining Stocks Offer a Cheap Play on Growth. Dig In,” Andrew Bary discusses how BHP Group Ltd (NYSE:BHP), Rio Tinto plc (NYSE:RIO), Vale SA (NYSE:VALE) and others are actually extra disciplined of their spending and extra important for renewable energy. For buyers keen to just accept some threat, they provide a wealthy alternative, says Barron’s.
Josh Nathan-Kazis’s “Pills to Battle Covid Are Coming. These Companies Stand to Gain” factors out that Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK) and Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE) are amongst firms that anticipate Part 3 knowledge on oral COVID-19 antivirals within the coming months. Will they be part of Gilead Sciences, Inc.(NASDAQ:GILD) in providing an authorized remedy?
Shares of Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE:LVS) and Wynn Resorts, Restricted (NASDAQ:WYNN) have tumbled, in accordance with “Macau’s Review of Casino Operations Sparks a Selloff, and an Opportunity” by Ben Levisohn. Analysts say the companies might face harder laws however will survive, and that their shares could possibly be bargains.
In Eric J. Savitz’s “The iPhone 13 Didn’t Surprise. Apple’s Stock Still Might,” discover out why Barron’s says that the brand new iPhones are upgrades, not breakthroughs. Nevertheless, they’re poised to generate massive income for Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) even when gross sales gradual. The article additionally has a take a look at the long-awaited Cisco Programs Inc (NASDAQ:CSCO) analyst day.
“Nike Reports Earnings Thursday. Don’t Expect Good News” by Ben Levisohn reveals that, whereas Nike Inc (NYSE:NKE) handily beat forecasts in the latest quarter due to robust gross sales in all places however China, the footwear and attire big isn’t more likely to pull that off once more. Uncover why Barron’s believes buyers must be cautious forward of the decision.
As company profitability surges previous pre-pandemic ranges, cash-rich firms haven’t returned capital through share buybacks and dividends at a tempo commensurate with pre-pandemic developments. So says Lawrence C. Strauss’s “Big U.S. Companies Are Poised to Ramp Up Dividends and Buybacks.” See why Barron’s thinks that issues are about to vary.
In “A Goldman ETF Targets a Sector Ruled by ARK,” Eric J. Savitz says that the Goldman Sachs Future Tech Leaders Fairness ETF (NYSE:GTEK) desires to seize the type of expertise progress that made Cathie Wooden’s ARK Make investments so profitable. But, the Goldman Sachs fund has a couple of refinements on its competitor’s megacap technique.
Avi Salzman’s “Big Bets Ride on Solar Power. But the Obstacles Remain Challenging” studies that america is rising photo voltaic capability rapidly, however supply-chain issues, tariffs and native opposition to massive installations create a drag on progress for the likes of First Photo voltaic, Inc. (NASDAQ:FSLR) and Sunrun Inc (NASDAQ:RUN).
Additionally on this week’s Barron’s:
- Barron’s rating of the 100 prime unbiased advisors
- Why correction worries are overblown
- Taking up the problem of combating cybercrime
- The one indicator that has Wall Avenue biting its nails
- Why the Federal Reserve wants to vary its buying and selling guidelines
- How hovering producer costs might squeeze revenue margins and shares
- How one can finish debt ceiling fights
- Why China’s property issues transcend Evergrande
- The brand new dynamics within the power market
- Eight guidelines for hedging your portfolio
On the time of this writing, the creator had no place within the talked about equities.
Sustain with all the most recent breaking information and buying and selling concepts by following Benzinga on Twitter.